Thank you for attending Alliance Northwest 2017
If you have not already done so, please take our survey and provide us with your feed back on the event. We appreciate it very much and read every comment so that we can continue to make Alliance Northwest very beneficial to everyone who attends.
Here is the link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5GGMSTY
Please click 2017-Alliance-Magazine-WEB to view the 2017 Government Contracting Marketplace Magazine including a list of Exhibitors beginning on page 40.
Please mark your calendar now for Alliance Northwest, March 15, 2018.
Please find below links to the presentations that took place.
7:30 a.m. Video Welcome by Congressman Denny Heck
Morning Keynote by Kerrie Hurd, US Small Business Administration
Presentation by Kerrie Hurd: Kerrie Huard SBA Alliance Northwest March 9 2017
8:30am – Veteran Business Opportunity Keynote & Buyer Panel
Veteran Owned Small Businesses will have an opportunity to hear from a panel of buyers on how to do business with their agency, upcoming contracting opportunities at the federal and state level, and what’s new in certifications.
Featuring Alfie Alvarado, Washington State Dept of VA and Terrence Moultrie, Chief of Verification Support at US VA. Panelists: Marc Frederick, US VA; Thomas Ebenhoh, US VA; Lelanie Rivera, Federal Aviation Administration; Servando Patlan, Washington State Department of Enterprise Services
9:30 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. – Breakout Session 1:
A Contractor’s Guide to Mitigating Negative Past Performance Reviews
Adam Lasky, Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker, LLP
Past performance is one of the most important factors in source selection, and a single negative review can mean the difference between winning and losing millions of dollars in contract awards. After discussing some fundamentals of past performance reviews and the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS), this session will provide contractors with a roadmap for dealing with negative past performance reviews, including best practices for collecting CPARS, responding to and disputing negative CPARS, and drafting proposals and creating teaming arrangements to mitigate negative CPARS. We will also explore the availability of monetary damages for unfair negative CPARS.
Building a Better Team: The Growing World of Teaming Relationships in Federal Contracting
Maria Panichelli, Attorney at Law, Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman, PC
There is no hotter topic in Federal Government Contracting than teaming and joint venturing. Whether you are a small business looking to expand your capabilities, or a large business looking for access to set-aside contracts, teaming and joint venturing can greatly expand your federal contracting opportunities. However, when done incorrectly, teaming and joint venturing can have serious consequences. In this session, we teach you how to team the right way. We will discuss eligibility concerns, the proper procedures for forming an enforceable teaming agreement or a compliant joint venture, subcontracting limitations, important clauses you should include in your agreement, issues you should consider and – perhaps most importantly – common pitfalls you should avoid. We will also touch on mentor-protégé relationships. Recent developments to this area of law will also be covered.
Uncovering Mysteries of DLA Procurement
DLA (Invited), Facilitated by Stephanie Scott, Washington Dept of Commerce
DIBBS, Source Approvals Requests, Alternative Offers, cFolders, NSNs, OH MY! This session will help uncover real opportunities for small business manufacturers and suppliers to sell to Defense Logistics Agency Land and Maritime. Learn the process to navigate the Defense Internet Bid Board System, how to get your product approved for use by DLA, review the forecast of opportunities, and much more.
10:30 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. – Breakout Session 2:
The Government Market Success Formula
Caroll Bernard, Founder and CEO of Govology.com
In the world of increased competition and strategic sourcing, learning practical tip for success in the government marketplace is critical to small business success. Specific topic areas to be covered include the top reasons small businesses fail, understanding procurement channels and where your small business fits, how to recruit a winning team and how to understand and avoid common pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Small Business Participation Plans
Carol McIntyre, US Army Corps of Engineers & Diane Kostelecky, US Navy
Think you’re a small business and don’t need to worry about Participation Plans? Think again! The Dept of Defense Acquisition Regulations require even small businesses to submit a Small Business Participation Plan. Not completing this plans correctly has resulted in small business proposals being viewed as unacceptable and potentially non-responsive. Come learn the ins and outs of these plans and get into compliance in this interactive, and engaging training.
State Contracting Hot Topics
No presentation materials available
Facilitated by Erin Lopez, Business Initiatives Manager at Dept of Enterprise Services with panelists: Josh Klika, DES; Charles Wilson, DES; Lawrence Coleman, Office of Minority Business Enterprises; and Washington State Department of Transportation (invited).
Washington State and local agencies are undertaking new initiatives that impact the way they do business. Come learn the latest changes including the new WSDOT Mentor Protégé Program, B2G Reporting System, Public Works Inclusion Plans, hear disparity study updates, and much more!
11:45 a.m. – Lunch & Keynotes
Honorable Governor Jay Inslee, Washington State
No presentation materials available
As governor, Jay’s top priority is growing Washington’s innovative industries such as clean energy, IT and life sciences, and strengthening existing industries such as aerospace, agriculture, maritime and military. Since 2013, Washington has experienced a seven-year low in unemployment rates, record exports and notable growth in Washington’s key industries
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Exhibit Hall Continues
1:30 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. – Breakout Session 3:
The SBA’s New All Small Mentor-Protégé Program
Steven Koprince, Koprince Law
The SBA’s new “All Small” mentor-protégé program launched in October 2016, and will provide benefits to small and large contractors alike. In this seminar, government contracts attorney Steven Koprince provides a comprehensive overview of the new program, including requirements to become a mentor or protégé, the nuts and bolts of the application process, and how to take advantage of the special exceptions from affiliation while staying compliant with the program’s myriad rules and regulations.
Get Paid! Top Contract Provisions to Ensure Timely Payments
No presentation materials available
Masaki James Yamada, Ahlers & Cressman PLLC
It’s exciting to secure that contract or subcontract, but even better when you invoice and get paid for your hard work. Learn important contract provisions that will help you avoid the common pitfalls in construction contracting and GET PAID ON TIME!
Don’t Get Hacked! Cyber Security Compliance for Defense Contractors
Panel Discussion, Facilitated by Washington PTAC
No presenation availble.
The threat of a foreign government, terrorist, or criminal hacking your system is real and imminent. Is your business prepared to comply with the new DFAR clause related to Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting?! Businesses handling “covered contractor information” at all levels of the supply chain need to implement cyber system security measures as soon as practical, but no later than December 31, 2017. Come here from a panel of experts on these new requirements and what you need to do to ensure your firm can still be eligible to be a Defense contractor or subcontractor into the future.
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Match-making Sessions (one on one sessions with government buyers and primes)
4:00 p.m. – Event concludes
+denotes an extra fee
- Abbott Construction Inc.
- ABM Federal
- Absher Construction Company
- AGC of Washington
- Ahlers & Cressman PLLC
- Anderson Environmental Contracting, LLC
- Barnhart Crane
- BASF Corporation
- Bechtel National, Inc.
- Big Blok
- Burton Construction, Inc.
- Business Impact NW / Veterans Business Outreach Center
- Business Pro USA & LegalShield
- Cascade Ship Supply
- CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company
- City of Lynwood
- City of Seattle – City Light
- City of Seattle – City Purchasing and Contracting Services
- City of Tacoma
- City of Tacoma (Booth 2)
- City of Vancouver (WA)
- Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman
- Contrack Watts, Inc.
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Delivery Express Inc.
- Dynamic Energy Solutions
- EHS-International, Inc.
- Excel Supply Company
- EXIM Bank and SBA Office of International Trade
- Fairchild AFB/92d Contracting Squadron
- FedBid, Inc.
- Federal Aviation Administration
- FIAlab Instruments, Inc.
- FLIR Systems Inc
- Garner Construction Inc.
- Granite Construction
- Guardian Survival Gear, Inc.
- Harborstone Credit Union
- HDR Engineering
- Hensel Phelps
- Hoffman Construction Company
- IDGENOMICS INC
- Indian Health Service, Office of Environmental Health and Engineering, Division of Engineering Services (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Joint Base Lewis McChord
- Kato Entreprises, LLC
- Kelley Imaging Systems
- Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
- King County – Business Development & Contract Compliance
- King County – Construction
- King County – Goods & Services
- Koprince Law
- Lacey Glass
- Legal Shield & SiteImpressions
- Lydig Construction Inc
- Manson Construction Co.
- Mortenson Construction
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Native PTAC
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command Northwest (NAVFAC NW)
- Naval Supply Systems Command
- Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Keyport
- North Wind Group
- NROTC UNIV. OF WASHINGTON
- Oles Morrison Rinker & Baker LLP
- Omega Morgan
- Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Pacific Tech Construction, Inc.
- PASHA PHARMA & SAFETY Ltd
- PetroCard, Inc.
- Pierce Transit
- Port of Seattle
- Port of Tacoma
- Preferred Business Solutions
- Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility
- Romaine Electric Corp.
- RQ Construction LLC
- S&K Global Solutions
- SBA Portland
- SBA Seattle
- SeaPort Petroleum
- Seattle Tunnel Partners
- SI Creative Inc
- Sign Dog
- SILVER CLOUD INNS & HOTELS
- Silver Mountain
- Simple Safety Solutions
- SKANSKA – Civil
- Small Business Transportation Resource Center
- Sound Transit
- Steelcase Inc – Charging Station
- Stripes Medical, LLC
- SupplyCore, Inc.
- Tacoma Pierce County Chamber of Commerce
- Tacoma Public Schools – Building for Achievement
- Tacoma Public Schools – Purchasing
- THERMO KING NORTHWEST
- Three Star Enterprises, LLC
- Transdev – Seattle Division
- Trendway Corporation
- Triton Marine Construction Corp.
- Tshimakain Creek Lab
- T-Solutions Inc
- U.S. General Services Administration
- University of Washington – Business Diversity Program
- US Army Corps of Engineers – Seattle District
- US Army Corps of Engineers- Walla Walla District
- US Army Corps of Engineers- Portland District
- US Veterans Affairs
- WA State OMWBE
- Washington Center for Women in Business
- Washington Patriot Construction
- Washington PTAC
- Washington River Protection Solutions
- Washington Small Business Development Center
- Washington State Department of Commerce – Washington Military Alliance
- Washington State Department of Enterprise Services
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
- Washington State Department of Transportation
- Washington State Veterans Affairs
- West Coast Wire Rope & Rigging, Inc.
Attendees: $135 (pay at door ONLY)